Monday, April 7, 2008

An end to silence

So things have been pretty busy lately and I've clearly fallen off the whole daily-writing thing.

I flew out to Boston for my old love Anime Boston and then bummed around town afterward seeing old friends and family. It was wonderful seeing all my old con buddies again (there really is something special about the bond forged in the chaos of a con) and since I wasn't running things this year, I even got to enjoy The Pillows's concert. It was a huge ego boost in general and I felt quite reinvigorated.

When I got back, I turned around and it was time for Sakura-con. I've still managed to avoid that urge to get involved in running it (mainly 'cause I don't know anyone behind the scenes) but it was fun to hang out. I saw some of the industry people I didn't have time to meet up with at Anime Boston and had fun showing some friends around, and got to meet some new people as well. It also made me love, miss, and appreciate Anime Boston all the more, too.

And now that I'm back in the real world, work's been pretty damn busy. I've pretty much been head-down focused on trying to get event review and placement taken care of in time for event registration to open up on April 20th. There are still thousands of events to go through. It hasn't been a fast process by any means.

When I'm not working (either at work or at a con) all my time's been taken up by hanging out with friends who distract me with Rock Band.

So this all boils down to me having to admit that I can't keep up with a daily schedule, which should have been obvious to me quite a while ago. I'm going to try transitioning to a weekly schedule and see if I can keep my thoughts and ideas straight.

The experiment continues...

No comments: