Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Gears of War 2 confirmed


A shocker, yes, I know, but still very welcome news - complete with a date of November 2008. I cannot tell you how excited I am about this - I think maybe only my anticipation for Mercenaries 2 comes anywhere near close. All they need to do is give 4 (or more) player co-op and a much more robust multiplayer versus mode (take a page from Halo 3, fellas) and I'll be more than happy. Gears of War was definitely one of the most distinct and innovative shooters I'd played in a while and I'm sure the sequel builds on that.

Let's just hope that the release date don't slip too much. I want something big to look forward to next holiday season.

The Joystiq article has more details, including some discussion of fluid dynamics and shadows/lighting. Looks plenty beautiful, of course, but I'd still be happy with minimal to no graphical update.

Imran. In case you haven't realized this, you need to stop buying new PS3s and get a goddamn Xbox 360.

Update: have a teaser trailer:

1 comment:

Imran Malek said...

Woah, looks like I've been called out!

Yeah, If I get a 360 I will be more than excited to see my brother fail at the game.

I really am getting closer to 360 ville between Fable 2, Gears 2, and some of the cool XNA stuff.

I just want to make sure that when I do get a unit I don't get one that RRs on me (I am legitimately worried about this, this is not some "PS3 IS BETTAR" statement, I'm just genuinely worried about a prolonged failure rate.

P.S. - What about getting me a 360 through GenCon if I bring my PS3 to the next con...eh...eh?